I hope your weekend is going well! Get your hot chocolate and popcorn ready. Tonight we will be watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas on Netflix through Teleparty. We are hoping that this event will give everyone a break from the stress that comes with the end of the semester and also provide an opportunity to join together during this holiday season.
Below are the instructions for how to download the Teleparty Chrome extension.
We recommend you set this up before 6 p.m. You need a Netflix account ALSO, you can get a free trial.
After you sign into Netflix
1) You must use Chrome as your browser.
2) Go to https://www.netflixparty.com/introducing-teleparty to install the Teleparty button.
3) To install Teleparty, start off by clicking the “Install Teleparty” button on this page. Once you are redirected to the Chrome Web Store, click “Add to Chrome” to finish installing Teleparty.
4) Pin Teleparty to Chrome Toolbar. After installing Teleparty, you should see the “Tp” button next to your address bar.If you do not see the “Tp” button, click on the puzzle icon located next to the address bar and pin the “Tp” button to your Chrome toolbar.
5) To join a party click on the party URL (which we will post on this website right before air time; if you are, which will redirect to Netflix’s website. Then click on the “NP” button next to the address bar, and you should automatically join the party.
We will post the movie URL on this blog just before we start the movie at 6pm. Feel free to email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble setting up Teleparty, but try to have the extension ready before we meet so that we can start right away.
The movie is just under two hours, so feel free to watch it all or come and go.
Also, join the regular UCM-L3 Zoom link if you want to chat face-to-face or need help accessing the film. Here is the link for movie assistance https://go.umd.edu/UCML3Sundays
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Samantha, L3 Intern Rachel, Chaplain Intern Chaplain Holly